Major Focus of Organization:
- Children and Child Rights
- Formal, non-formal-education, informal and alternative education
- Line-organization’s capacity building
- Train and support the most disadvantaged children, youth and their immediate families on alternative livelihood by means of business.
- Social reintegration of the most disadvantaged children and youth through halfway-community-house by involving them in business support and training, vocation and skill trainings, apprenticeship and on-the-job trainings
- Advocacy & awareness on children & youth’s issues and Child Rights (Human Rights) in the new constitution to political parties, leaders, civil society, parents, society, concern organizations and children by means of radio, street drama, theatre and media.
- Welfare services – health, sanitation, emergency medical and legal support to the most disadvantaged children and youth
SathSath specialized working with CSEC, Street and Street-based Children and Youth in Nepal.
SathSath operates a range of different programmes to support CSEC boys, street and street-connected children and youth to gain skills and confidence. As well as this, SathSath is committed to advocating their issues to society.
To learn more about SathSath’s Programmes dedicated to CSEC boys, Street and Street connected Children and Youth, please visit our organization.
Currently, SathSath is working with objective to protect and withdraw as many male children and youth engaged in CSEC (Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children), MSM (Men Sex with Men) and Protection of Children in Dangerous and Exploitative Child Labor and Campaign Against Children’s Sexual Exploitation in Nepal. Probably, SathSath is the first organization to work with Children (boys) engaged CSEC/ MSM in Nepal.
Bridging Formal School for Street Connected Children
Education programme focuses targets street-connected children and youth focusing education as a tool to re-connect formal educational system.
Making Children Visible
MCV project will be focused to facilitate, support and provide legal assistance for those children who are, due to various social and economic reasons cannot claim, left behind or acquire their birth registration.
Recently, the Nepal government has made birth registration document compulsory to join formal schooling and you cannot apply to sit the grade eight exam without providing birth registration document. This has raised the importance of this issue slightly However, still many street-connected children end up prioritizing daily survival over both education and legal registration. However, SathSath has been supporting children to enter education and so legal documentation is important to help these children stay in education.